Re: GNOME restarts when switching desktops

Maybe we are not understanding one another. A desktop is a window
manager construct, not a Gnome construct. If you run a Gnome compliant
window manager, you can have as many desktops as you want.  I run Gnome
with several desktops under the Window Maker window manager. All is
fine. No problem with gnome's panel or other apps crashing.  Ive never
heard anyone say that Gnome does not support multiple desktops before.

I just tried Xfree85 4.0.1 on RH7 and while running it several of my
applications "vanish" (crash without an error) when I change desktops or
type in certain keystrokes. One of the apps that dies is GMC, the others
are Netscape and Applixware.  I bet that the problem you are
experiencing is X Server related, or window manager related, not caused
by Gnome

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 06:55:36AM -0500, Bruce W. Bigby wrote:
>  There has been some days from now that I'm experiencing a quite strange behaviour when using
GNOME: when I have more than one desktop and have more than one program
running on different desktops, GNOME crashes (without any log) when
switching desktops! I've replicated this many times.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu