Re: Everything is still HUGE

"Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" wrote:

> efrohnen hotmail com (2000-11-02 at 0832.51 -0800):
> > My GNOME windows are HUGE! and so are the fonts. In some cases I can get the
> > window to fit but the borders, fonts etc are still huge.
>
> Sounds like a guy I know that only got X in 320 * 240 (or 200?), due a
> problem with the drivers. Obviously, all way huge.
a)
I had such problem with my asus L8400 notebook.
The solution was to get a server for my chipset.
I believe it's the first point to verify: what is the chipset it uses ?
What is the server it uses ?
What is the monitor (LCD panel or not ?, which maximum resolution ?) ?
Is it a notebook or not ?
b)
As he installed a red hat 6.1, I suppose he uses a 3.3 server.
Maybe he can consider to upgrade.