Re: Simulating mouse and keys pressed in GNOME desktop

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, D-Man wrote:

> I don't know how you would do this unless you went very low level and started playing with the X server.  You don't know where windows are going to be displayed either.
>
> Perhaps if you told us what you want to automate some more experienced person on the list could explain what the files are that store the settings and you could automate it with some file manipulation?

I would like to invoke i.e. FileManager, create some dirs in it, invoke a
lot's of applets and do some stuff in it and after that kill those apps.
Something like a benchmark which simulates usual user tasks in GNOME
desktop environment.

At the moment I am using GOAD through the perl but I cannot find all IDL
files for all applications that I want to invoke, on the other hand I
found very little information how to use GNORBA in perl.

Tnx.

Igor Borojevic