Re: Simulating mouse and keys pressed in GNOME desktop

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 02:20:51PM +0100 or thereabouts, Igor Borojevic wrote:
> HI,
>
> Any ideas how to simulate mouse movements and keyboard pressed in GNOME ?
> I would like to write some automatization of some tasks in GNOME desktop.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But Tim Janik wrote something
called 'gerd' whilst he was bored at the GNOME booth at LinuxTag this
summer. You start it, it starts recording, you do mouse-clicky things,
(his demo was opening GIMP and drawing a smiley face), you stop gerd.
Then you run it and tell it to do it again.

Voila. It sits there drawing a face for you whilst no-one is touching
it.

http://people.redhat.com/~timj/gerd/

This doesn't simulate them: you'd have to do it once and let it
record them. But it might be what you want?

Telsa