Silent

Do you want to turn of some of the soundevents?

I've tried to enter bougus filenames into controlscenter. It used toi work
some time ago but in the current versions it plays the default sound if
the filename does not exist.

I've tried to create a short wav-file that was silent. Doesn't work. There
where clicking and strange noise from the spekers.

I've tried to create a long silent wav-file and it seems to be working at
first, but after having run the desktop for some time it starts to making
noise anyway. It sounds like an echo from a real sample. First I thought
it was a sound from outside somewere. But it was from my speakers when i
press buttons...

These things simple failed..

The only solution I have found is to create an empty file (that is with
length 0) and use that as the sample. I use one such file called
/usr/share/sounds/nosound2.wav

The only drawback is that your ~/.xsession-errors will contain some lines
like:

** WARNING **: Couldn't load sound file /usr/share/sounds/nosound2.wav as
sample gtk-events/clicked

But it will at least be no sound when I press buttons.

Is there going to be a button to turn of individual sound events in gnome
1.4? I really hope so..

/Dennis