Re: Using gdm to launch KDE2
- From: 1stFlight <1stflight donet com>
- To: Pär Ekholm <pelle ekh ktv koping se>
- Cc: Landy Roman <landie concentric net>, "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>, KDE general mailing list <kde lists netcentral net>
- Subject: Re: Using gdm to launch KDE2
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 21:52:22 -0500
That did it!! Thank you!!
Pär Ekholm wrote:
> Yes. It might be a solution which is nicer but here are mine: Go to
> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions. There are a few files which handles the sessions you
> can select in gdm in the upper left. Create a new file in that directory
> (etc/X11/gdm/Sessions). You can copy one which is already there. And then
> rename it to what yoy want (KDE2 for instance). Then open that file with
> some editor of choice. Edit the line "exec [whatever command]". Write:
> exec /usr/bin/startkde (or the command you have in your path
> (/usr/local/kde2.0). Then save. Start x and select KDE2 in sessions in gdm.
> Enjoy. Pär.
> gnome-list mailing list
> gnome-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev