Re: gnome-session: not found

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 09:47:54PM +0200, Lars-Gunnar Hartveit wrote:

> Hi

	[...snip...]
> suddenly my the Gnome panel disappeared. Aftwewards I can't start Gnome,
> whenever I try (using startx) I get the error message:

>     gnome: exec gnome-session: not found

absulete shot-inthe-blue-wild-guess:

	it's no longer in $PATH , so it is not found when invoked without
/opt/gnome/bin  in front of it ?

Try "echo $PATH"

###### snip ####

drifter@LunaLounge:~ < echo $PATH
[..snip..]:/home/drifter/bin:/opt/gnome/bin:/usr/bin:[..snip...]

If /opt/gnome/bin is not among the named dirs, you propably found
the first problem...   :)

You would then have to add this to the path set for users via
/etc/profile.
Realize that there are two sections, one for users with id=0 and another
for "all users".

		HTH, don't know ...

		 g, drifter