gnome-session: not found

Hi

I'm running SuSE  6.3 with GNOME/Enlighenment on a Dell 7500 Laptop. Today I
experimented with a few desktop themes donloaded from e.themes.org, when
suddenly my the Gnome panel disappeared. Aftwewards I can't start Gnome,
whenever I try (using startx) I get the error message:

    gnome: exec gnome-session: not found

But gnome-session is in /opt/gnome/bin, $WINDOWMANAGER is set to gnome and
GNOMEDIR is set to /opt/gnome.

I've tried de-installing and reistalling gnome, but no way!

Any suggestions?

Lars-Gunnar Hartveit

PS. Oh, BTW: KDE starts just fine. DS.