Linux Redhat6 is unable to detect my "Display adapter"

Hi to everbody there!
                   I am new to linux and installing it from a bootable
cd.The 1st time i instlled linux my vga card which is SiS620 was detected
and X window was installed(gnome);but the problem was that the desktop area
was very big at least 3 times larger.So i removed the linux partition and
tried to install it again with correct configuration but this time linux was
unable to detect the vga card and i tried hard to some how make it detect
but in vain.Now linux is installed in text mode only.
By the way my system has other 2 partitions containing windowsNT(NTFS) and
Windows98(Fat16). I am also having problems in configuring LILO.
Although i read the articles " how to install linux with windowsNT" but due
to the desktop problem was unable to solve the LILO problem too.
Can anybody help.??
                    I would be greatly thankful.
                                                 Regards.
                                                  Dr.Rizwan.