helix updates?

Lately it seems that some of the Helix-Gnome updates are actually downgrades
in some way... well that's an overstatement.  What I mean is that some
functionalities are missing.  Where once I was able to navigate inside of
RPM files and extract single files as I needed, now I cannot!  I can see
where files go by looking at the .cpio file listed inside but I cannot
extract singular files any more.

Now, on the toolbar on the bottom (or wherever I want to have it, but the
bottom is where I keep it) the buttons used to hi-light when the mouse was
over them.  Now it doesn't do that any more.  I see no options to turn that
on either.  The look and feel was very elegant and smoothe.  It's slightly
less now.  Will these options return some day?  I certainly miss them.