Re: Mail stuff - the last words...

On Wed, 17 May 2000 10:50:36 Germano Rizzo wrote:
<--->
>     The problem (not a real one) is to send... I'd like to be able to send
> my messages with the 'From:' field configured from time to time on the
> different addresses I have; I need this to be accepted on the mailing lists,
> for examples - if I send a message with a wrong address in that field, it
> won't be accepted... in Netscape I can configure only one address, and I was
> wondering wether there is a method (with sendmail?) to do such a thing..
<--->

The Mozilla mail client does this - you get a drop down list for the "From"
field. I don't know whether this affects the "from" or just the "reply to" fields.

Balsa will be getting it soonish - it's a feature I need and I've decided to
have a crack at writing it (real soon now, honest... but the weather was so nice
last weekend, I'm waiting for my new monitor to arrive, dog ate homework, cheques
in the post etc..)

Cheers,

Sean.