Re: Newbie Question about gnome-config --libs

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 11:28:23PM +0000, Steve Cox wrote:

> I've downloaded the evolution alpha to try it out and downloaded the
> lastest, requirements as rpms except for versions of bonobo-0.12
> gnome-vfs-0.1 gtkhtml-0,2 and libunicode-0.4 (all of which were compressed
> sources as rpms are not yet avaiable). My gnome installation is a standard
> Mandrake 7 out of the box via rpms. Now, I've compiled the 4 required
> sources and upgraded all relavant rpms (including gnome-libs to
> v1.0.61) but my porblem comes with './configure' -ing the evolution
> source. it complains the gnome-config --libs bonobo cannot find the
> library and falls out. Now, the bonobo libraries (as with the three other
> compiled packages) are installed in the default location of
> /usr/local/lib. However, gnome-config is always looking in /usr/lib. Is
> there any way to get round this easily (me chicken-s*** :-) )? As I don't
> fancy recompiling anything I already have thru rpms etc.

export GNOME_PATH="/opt/gnome:/usr:/usr/local"

or whatever is appropriate for your shell and locations.

--
Sorry Captain, my positronic brain will not DO Windows.

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <mikeh@rockisland.com>
System Admin - riverside.org                        <mhall@riverside.org>