Re: gdm and gdmchooser

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

> >How do I activate gdmchooser in any way!?
>
> Check HonorIndirect and related settings.

That doesn't seem to help me. :(

> I doubt, Options, IIRC, are for things like languaje or session style (I am
> away from my GDM machines now).

Those are in the menus... I'm very curious on that options box.

> Then you do not need to run GDM in that machine. Or if you do, you need GDM
> without X plus X alone (weird phrase).

Oh. I want to do remote logins from a box running gdm just as I can do
with the suns running cde/cdm. But now it starts to sound like this is
impossible.

> With X you can set up it so each machine runs X (direct or indirect) and
> also each machine can serve logins. But you will have to launch the gdm
> without X (remove the line that launch X, normally the last one) and the X
> alone in direct / indirect mode.

That starts to sound better. But I still don't get any chooser. (Yes,
there are two boxes on this net right now. But for some strange reason I
can't do any -indirect/-query connections to the other one (yes, it run's
gdm, and it worked when trying with xdm once. Could this be something?))

> there is no multiple replies to the broadcast so GDM saves a step not using
> gdmchooser; and broadcast does the same as query, of course). And I also

Doesn't really seem to be the problem here. :(

---
/Pållen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se