Re: gdm and gdmchooser

>> >How do I activate gdmchooser in any way!?
>> Check HonorIndirect and related settings.
>That doesn't seem to help me. :(

You need to enable XDMCP first (put 1 in HonorIndirect and Enable).

>> I doubt, Options, IIRC, are for things like languaje or session style (I am
>> away from my GDM machines now).
>Those are in the menus... I'm very curious on that options box.

I still think that Options is an old thing.

>> Then you do not need to run GDM in that machine. Or if you do, you need GDM
>> without X plus X alone (weird phrase).
>Oh. I want to do remote logins from a box running gdm just as I can do
>with the suns running cde/cdm. But now it starts to sound like this is
>impossible.

I think it is possible. You just need to hit your head more. ;]

>> With X you can set up it so each machine runs X (direct or indirect) and
>> also each machine can serve logins. But you will have to launch the gdm
>> without X (remove the line that launch X, normally the last one) and the X
>> alone in direct / indirect mode.
>That starts to sound better. But I still don't get any chooser. (Yes,
>there are two boxes on this net right now. But for some strange reason I
>can't do any -indirect/-query connections to the other one (yes, it run's
>gdm, and it worked when trying with xdm once. Could this be something?))

I dunno. Please be more specific. Tell us how many machines, doing what
(processes and such) are in the "battle". Names, ps lists will help a lot.

I think you need to have gdm in all those that are going to serve apps (CPU
power), and X in all those that have monitors, mouse and keyboard. A machine
can do both tasks at the same time, but you must differenciate how (gdm can
launch X). When doing tests, I launch most things by hand until it works, so
I can look at errors.

BTW, remember to restart gdm, not X only, so new settings take effect.

GSR