rp 3

I recently loaded red hat 6.1 on to my partitioned hard drive. I run gnome with systemx and things appear to work well.  I would like to connect to the net and used rp3 to configure butam unable to connect.  Modem does not "click" when the connection is being attempted.  Also just go a message saying "rp3 configuration (process 685) seg fault".

How do I fix rp3, and get internet connection?  I have info from ISP I need, red hat does indicate a modem present. Any other info needed?

Also any good chat rooms for help with linux/red hat?

Extreme novice here, help!