Re: ? on GMC: how to set new terminal to Eterm?

=> From: "Ham Nguyen [Anh Yeu Dau]" <ham.nguyen@eng.ascend.com>
=> Subject: ? on GMC: how to set new terminal to Eterm?
=> To: gnome-list@gnome.org
=>
=> GMC gurus,
=>
=> 	gmc's File/New/Terminal menu always launches
=> 	a gnome-terminal.  I'd like it to launch Eterm
=> 	instead, but haven't been able to figure out how.
=>  ...
=> 	I guess this question applies to Sawfish/Sawmill
=> 	too since its root menu has a "New/Terminal" entry.

	Answering my own post.

	I can't change GMC's "default terminal" but at least
	I can add my own.  In /usr/share/mc/templates/, I
	add an Eterm.desktop file (cloned from /usr/share/gnome
	/apps/System/Eterm.desktop).

	So in GMC's File/New menu, there's an entry for
	Eterm below GIMP and Gnumeric.

	Same goes for Gnome+Sawmill since it somehow
	incorporates GMC's File/New menu into its
	root Button3/New menu.

	Caveats:

   1.	I'd rather add Eterm.desktop to my ~/.mc/ for a
	per-user effect, but can't make it work, so had
	to add to the per-system /usr/share/mc/templates/.

   2.	From GMC's File/New, Terminal and Eterm launches
	in whatever the "current" dir is -- whichever dir
	is highlighted on the left pane.

   3.	But from Gnome+Sawmill, Eterm always launches from
	~/.gnome-desktop/.  This is expected, but undesirable.
	In contrast, Terminal launches from my homedir.

   4.	For Gnome+Sawmill, I also changed
	/usr/share/sawmill/0.26/lisp/gnome-int.jl to use:

		(setq xterm-program "Eterm")

	That didn't help.

	thanks
	ha`m