ARGH! (Re: gdm and X terminals)

When did you suscribe? Do you read the mails? :]

>Hi all,  I have begun to experiment with settign up an xterminal from an
>old pc to my linux box and it looks like gdm cant be used, instead I
>should be useing xdm.

It is easy, I have one to three machines hanging from another, with gdm.

>Is this correct?  Or is th einfo on that various howtos and LTSP out of
>date?

Out of date, as always. Check RAID ones... out of date, new Linux RAID
system is different, from what I know (I have to mount one, and docs do not
help, man pages maybe).

>Currntly when I type "X -quiet -query linux.box" I get a grey empty X
>display and no login.  I have yet to change to useing xdm on my linux
>box to see if that is a problem or not...

ARGH!!! Why did I spend time writting my experience?
http://coyote.asoc.euitt.upm.es/~gsromero/gnome/tutorial/gdm-at-acd/
The only excuse is that you posted at the same time that I did (but there is
no excuse to see my offer some days ago, I have already posted my files to
two users with similar problem).

GSR