Re: Can I install GNOME in Red Hat 5.2

Raffaele Borrelli [lello76@freemail.it] wrote:
> I use Red Hat 5.2 on computer with alpha processor,
> can I install GNOME? and how can I do?
> I read about many libraries dipendencies in GNOME and I
> don't know if Red Hat 5.2 has alla of them.

As far as I know, there are no problems with this. Just build all the libraries
GNOME needs (you can see some of them in ftp.gnome.org), and try to build it.
gnome-libs will only build if you have all needed libraries installed (imlib,
gtk, esd, etc etc etc).
I installed it on a slackware 4.0 system, had to compile all of the libraries
myself, so I guess it's possible for you to do the same (don't think the alpha
processor will be an issue, as most packages detect this properly with autoconf).

Signed,

--
Bruno Lustosa Pereira <lofofora@writeme.com>   | Linux Registered User #162375
Linux: The choice of a GNU generation!         |

PGP signature