Re: UPDATED desktop files (once more)

Judith Samson <judith.samson@usaserve.net> writes:

> And if you don't want something to show up in the menu, you just
> delete it in Menu editor.

Nope.  As far as I can tell, a user cannot remove things that are in
the system menus.  Or remove things.  This is somewhat annoying,
because it forces the user to completely duplicate the system menus
under their user menus in order to hide a single app from the menus.

Similarly, users can't add items.

In my ideal world, the Programs menu would be a combination of the
user and system menus, such that when a user changed something, it
overrode the system menus (for that user only, of course).

226 days, 14 minutes, 51 seconds till we run away.
The light of a hundred stars does not equal the light of the moon.