Re: gnome-core / gnome-applets 1.1.6 "BRAINTREE!!" released

> > Umm.... there is... helix-update.
>
> Er, sorry. So let me change that to the following:
>
> It'd be cool if it were obvious that re-running the updater app would
> cause the most recent packages to be installed, not just the last
> "official" release of everything (happening semi-annually or some
> such).
>
> It sure wasn't clear, for example, that I could reasonably expect
> re-running go-gnome (or whatever it was called) to cause the new
> modules that started this thread, gnome-applets 1.1.6 and the new
> gnome-core, to download and install.

It's called helix-update. When run as root, it will install the latest
"helix" binaries - which are no different from the "official" gnome binaries.
Helix Code creates it's binaries within 2 to 3 days of a tarball release.
(Actually, there IS a difference - not in the source code - but the defaults).

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |