Re: gnome-core / gnome-applets 1.1.6 "BRAINTREE!!" released

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 12:12:03PM -0500, Jacob Berkman wrote:
> Jeff Abrahamson <abrahj01@mh.us.sbphrd.com> writes:

> > > Helix GNOME is just a binary distribution of the released GNOME
> > > packages.  There is no such thing as separate/different trees.
> >
> > It'd be cool if the hc gnome binary dist included an update app that
> > would facility further update. So then I just go to the admin section
> > of my gnome foot menu (is there a name for that menu?) and choose
> > "Helix Updater" and it says "Oh, I see these packages are out of date,
> > wanna be current?" And I say yes (duh), and pretty soon I am.
>
> Umm.... there is... helix-update.

Er, sorry. So let me change that to the following:

It'd be cool if it were obvious that re-running the updater app would
cause the most recent packages to be installed, not just the last
"official" release of everything (happening semi-annually or some
such).

It sure wasn't clear, for example, that I could reasonably expect
re-running go-gnome (or whatever it was called) to cause the new
modules that started this thread, gnome-applets 1.1.6 and the new
gnome-core, to download and install.

--
- Jeff Abrahamson
  abrahj01@mh.us.sbphrd.com