Re: gnome-core / gnome-applets 1.1.6 "BRAINTREE!!" released

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 05:58:07PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > is this an upgrade to helix-gnome latest as well or are they now two
> > completely seperate/different trees?
>
> Helix GNOME is just a binary distribution of the released GNOME
> packages.  There is no such thing as separate/different trees.

It'd be cool if the hc gnome binary dist included an update app that
would facility further update. So then I just go to the admin section
of my gnome foot menu (is there a name for that menu?) and choose
"Helix Updater" and it says "Oh, I see these packages are out of date,
wanna be current?" And I say yes (duh), and pretty soon I am.

Of course, this is a potential QC nightmare. ;-)

> I wonder where people get this idea from.

Humans are funny that way.

--
- Jeff Abrahamson
  abrahj01@mh.us.sbphrd.com