Re: DISPLAY environment variable

On Thursday, March 16, 2000 4:09 PM +0300, Alexander Koptelov
<> wrote:
| Behavior of my X is very strange. It sets =DISPLAY= variable to value
| ``unix:0.0''. I have no idea who made it (gdm, gnome or enlightenment)
| but more likely (I think) it's gdm problem. Can you tell me how to set
| =DISPLAY= properly (``:0'')?

"unix:0" is legal (if old-fashioned) and means the same thing as ":0".  If
you have something which is confused by this then it is broken.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]
electrical and computer engineering                                    KF8NH
carnegie mellon university      ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]