Commercial software hooks

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone's doing anything to get GNOME hooks (eg,
icons and mime-types) added to commercial software like StarOffice and
RealPlayer7. Both those setup KDE menu icons and RP7 even adds the
mime-types for you. Why isn't there GNOME support? I really hope that
the commercial world doesn't see KDE as the "real" Linux desktop (we all
know better than that :). Now I noticed alot of people talking out their
ass when someone from VMWare asked for help making VMWare install well
on GNOME. Is that the attitude that these vendors get or is it just that
noone has approached them for adding GNOME support? I'd really like to
see someone working on this.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.com