Re: Still having panel problems

have you looked for this process among all of your processes and tried
killing it off?  i did have a hanging panel once, but killed that off
entirely.

i was using caldera openlinux which allowed x windows to crash back to the
command-line many time.  (i had the same experiences with suse)  finally i
changed over to freebsd and x has not crashed since.  i must be something
with the rpm system that allow for some sort of incompatibility.
regardless, i do not trust those commercial packages much anymore.

i hope the bsd merger does not eliminate my last hope in freebsd.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
[Sir Stafford Cripps] has all the virtues I dislike and none of the
vices I admire.
		-- Winston Churchill