Re: Shared Memory Problems under Solaris

On 08 March, 2000 - Rasaki Bidemi Bolanle Temidire sent me these 0.9K bytes:

> Hi Everyonw,
>
> I am glad to see that we are live again.
[...]
> I have GNOMErunning on my machine (Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra 5) and
> another co-worker of mine told me that it looked like I was running out of
> shared memory.  I don't know how to increase it.

Add this to /etc/system and reboot:
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=32

Sun allocates too few shm segments for some reason..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå