Re: Trash Can in Naughtilus?

+++ Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:36:27PM +0100 +++
Olaf Grüttner e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > Also, we need something other then Trash Can. Gota be unique. :)
> > Mac=Trash Can
> > Win=Recycle Bin
> > KDE=Trash (rather unorigional. :)
> >
> > How about "Rubbish Heap". (or maybe "Compost Heap") The heap could grow as
> > you throw stuff onto it. :)

Important: Don't repeat the metaphor error that Windows and the
Macintosh make, letting the wastebasket look bursting full as soon as
the smallest little file is dropped into it. It should gradually fill
up.

Also, make it possible to turn the buffering of waste in the
wastebasket off, thus turning the icon into a shredder.

mawa
--
Eric S. Raymond, of Halloween Paper fame, maybe public enemy #1 at
Microsoft Corp., for some reason still believes that we should rather