development - off topic

hello everyone,

first off - i appologize for the off topic nature of this letter but this
particular community is one i've learned to trust and respect.  so here
goes:

as some of you may know i am the editor in chief of Linux content for
TechRepublic.  I've been in this role since nov 1, 1999 and have built the
linux tab up to be one of the strongest on the site (a site with 700,000+
registered users).

we are now going to be expanding and creating an enterprise developers
guild and that's where i need your help. as a non-programmer (my
experience is limited to a bit of C++ and shell scripting) i need some
advice as to what 'typical' enterprise level developers need.  some of the
topics i've come up with are:

work flow
managing large projects
various languages such as C, C++, perl, VB, Java

if anyone would be willing to offer some suggestions i would greatly
appreciate it.

also...we'll be looking to hire someone to serve as editor in chief of
this product.  we'd prefer to have someone who has experience in this
field and i thought it would be great to see if anyone within the GNOME
community is interested (it would require relocation).  if you are
interested  send me a note to this e-mail addy.

thanks everyone!

--
Jack Wallen, Jr.
Editor in Chief of Linux Content

-----
OMNIVERSAL AWARENESS??  Oh, YEH!!  First you need 4 GALLONS of JELL-O
 and a BIG WRENCH!!...  I think you drop th'WRENCH in the JELL-O as if
 it was a FLAVOR, or an INGREDIENT...  ...or...I...um...  WHERE'S the
 WASHING MACHINES?