Re: gtkhtml

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 08:57:04AM -0400, Steven Kordik wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:26:59 +0200, Daniel Veillard said:
>
> >  In the case of an integrated setup like gnome where a lot of apps
>
> Ah, and here we come to the root of the issue.	"In an integrated setup
> like GNOME"
>
> I don't run GNOME.. I don't use GNOME applications.  Many of my users are
> the same way.  SO... If GtkHTML is part of the "integrated setup like
> gnome"	then it SHOULD be renamed, GNOMEHTML and there is plenty of room
> for a TRUE Gtk-HTML widget (such as CscHTML)

> >  > By the way, it is just this sort of attitude on behalf of Helix
> >  personel that
> >  > caused this fork in the first place...
> >
> >    I think Federico can feel the right to debunk you, not because he's
> >  an Helix employee, but due to his knowledge/hacking history/... Not
> >  at all the same thing.
>
> Debunking is one thing... Name calling and pointless pontification is
> another.

  Forking first, trying to justify a posteriori ain't a sane attitude
either.

> >     relax,
>
> I am completely relaxed.  Confident in the place CscHTML has in the
> developmental landscape.

  Hum,

> VOILA - France Telecom North America		      Fax 212.332.2362
  tiens tiens. ...

Ok, I don't think we need to agree, I have just lost time ...

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW