Re: Computing made easy

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 08:11:36PM +0100, Toby Jaffey wrote:
> There has been a lot of discussion about this marketing style slogan on
> the gnome-list mailing list.

> Where did it come from?

> Why is it there?

> How soon will it be gone?

That slogan came from the gnome-marketing group, which consisted at the time
of, amongst others, Miguel de Icaza, Elliot Lee, a few other Red Hat people,
and assorted other interested parties, including yours truly (sorry I can't
come up with a more detailed list, it was quite some time ago). It was bandied
about on the list for a while, and we ended up with this slogan, which
everyone there thought was a good idea.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim@helixcode.com - Radagast@IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer