How does one pronounce GNU/Gnome/etc ?

I'm having trouble with this one.. For example someone mentioned a
possible replacement for that buzzword compliant gnome slogan "Computing
made easy" would be something like "Gnome: A GNU labor of Love"...

Thats all fine and dandy if you pronounce GNU as 'new' ... but I've heard
Miguel in an interview speak 'Gnome' as "GAH-Nohme"... Where does the
"GAH" come from? And does it apply to "GNU" (GAH-New-ee??)...

Miguel also pronounces GUI -> Gooey .....  (I've always pronounced it as
'guy') .. Okay , so i dont get out much when it comes to Linux and maybe
Miguel isn't the source of authority on pronunciation :) (Where ya lack in
some parts ya make up for in others right :)

Of course Tony the Tiger has been pronouncing 'Great' -> GAH-Rate! since I
was 2 feet tall .. maybe those two guys are onto something...

Robert Soros
Robert@soros.ath.cx
http://soros.ath.cx