Re: How does one pronounce GNU/Gnome/etc ?

Cory Watson wrote:

> At 04:37 PM 6/22/00 -0400, Robert Soros wrote:
> >Thats all fine and dandy if you pronounce GNU as 'new' ... but I've heard
> >Miguel in an interview speak 'Gnome' as "GAH-Nohme"... Where does the
> >"GAH" come from? And does it apply to "GNU" (GAH-New-ee??)...
>
> I say 'gah-noo'

to respect the zoology naming convention (bison, yacc, ,etc...)
can you explain how americans pronounces every names of every
animals we can find in a zoo.
Don't forget the distincts accentuation (I believe tenesse != florida).
But maybe, it's off topic :-)
JRC

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.