Re: How does one pronounce GNU/Gnome/etc ?

"adam.edgar" wrote:

> One the the note of GNU, Ive always heard 'gah-nu'. But with Gnome I
> believe we must look at the mythical creatures, gnomes. Which in legend
> are small tree dwelling humanoid creatures, which I would assume was part
> of the original naming reason. Gnome is then pronounced 'nome' if I am
> correct.

GNOME is an acronym, the proper pronuciation with regard to 'GNOME the
GNU Network Object Model' is Guh'nome.  The 'G' is NOT silent.  This was
verified by Miguel de Icaza and Federico Mena-Quintero when they both
pronounced it this way today at the USENIX conference in San Diego.

--

Until later, Geoffrey