Re: I hate the slogan "computing made easy"

I use gnome on solaris under CDE from the login screen without PB, I
suppose you
didn't configure CDE or missed in your own config.
I ran wimdow maker that call gnome apps.
below is my config
/var/tmp/VNC/BIN find /etc/dt -name GNU*

/var/tmp/VNC/BIN find  /etc/dt -name '*wm'

/var/tmp/VNC/BIN cat /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources.d/Xresources.wm
Dtlogin*altDtsIncrement:        True
Dtlogin*altDtName:      Window Maker
Dtlogin*altDtKey:       /app/gnu/share/scripts/start_wm
Dtlogin*altDtStart:     /app/gnu/share/scripts/start_wm
Dtlogin*altDtLogo:      GNUstep3D
mainly, the script /app/gnu/share/scripts/start_wm set the
variables *PATH* needed to launch wmaker and gnome application.
and launchs wmaker (or gnome-session if you prefer)
It verify, and sets if needed the HOME/GNUstep and others
NO PATH AND LD_LIBRARY_PATH initialization in profile or kshrc
only add to them, no exec
No exec too !
See the comments in .dtprofile
verify in