What windows manager to use ?

Hi,
I am currently using Red Hat but I plan to change to Debian in the near
future. The problem is, I don't know much about diferences with window
managers for gnome (which one is better, which one uses less resources,
which one is faster, etc ...). I ear a lot about enlightenment and sawfish,
I've eared about iceWm as well, though it does'nt seem to be used out there.
Could anyone give me some advise on which WM to go for ?
Thanks