ppp dialup

Hi folks -- Newbie Alert!!

I've just entered the land of enlightenment.  It's okay -- a bit slow
and chunky -- but it works.
Anyway, I want to be able to dialup my ISP as a regular user
without having to login as root at anytime.
Possible?
I tied setting uid pppd as root but when I dial up it then says
permission denied and something to do with etc/ppp/options.
Where should I go from there or if anyone has a better route to
being able to connect and surf without being root I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance!

Todd
witter@wpr.org