Re: make gnome listen on localhost:*

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> When ORBit has passed a third party security audit, you can enable TCP by
> default.  Until then, it's just begging for trouble.

Even after auditing, I'd leave it off. Audits miss things. New versions
introduce new bugs.

I like the solution of an on/off switch in the control panel. Default to
off and be done with it.

The only excuse for default to on would be: severe desktop breakage for
the average user if we defaulted to off. That's just not the case at the
moment

Chris