Modem Detect

I am running RH6.2 with Gnome and using the GUI login.

There is myself and my friend who both use the computer.   Using the PH PPP Dialer and having it remain online is an advantage when we wish to both access our email accounts on the same ISP account.

There is a time however then either one of us will logout and close the connection.   Trying to remember this may be a problem.

When I logout of Gnome I presume that there is some loop that brings up the GUI Login.  With the look of the screen X is restarted.   In this case is it possible to put in a script that can detect the modem and say play a warning.

If so tell me how.

I hope I have explained when I am looking for.

Thanks,
Bob....

TuX                 Penguin Power in Cairns, Australia               TuX
                                  *****
                    Bob Fletcher bobf@optusnet.com.au
                              ICQ 11947357