Re: Win32 port

At 01:05 PM 6/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>But why would you want to?

Because regardless of how pretty and advanced GNOME is, Linux is still way
too difficult, and too 'big' for the average person.  My mom (bless her
heart) has no use for 70% of the stuff that you and I use daily and take
for granted in Linux.  They only need the stuff that Windows gives them.

I'd love to see the whole world using GNOME, but until something is done
with what's _under_ GNOME, I don't think we'll make much progress.  Perhaps
Miguel has something up his sleeves.

One of my friends argued this with me one day, his point was 'Why should
_everyone_ use Linux?  They don't need it!'  My point isn't that they NEED
Linux, they NEED a _choice_.

Just my $0.02.