RE: Slow gnome

I had used to have Helixcode installed on my PC, but something changed about 2
to 3 months ago I reccon, and I had exactly the same problem. I formatted,
re-installed and tried again (twice), but it doesn't seem to work well anymore.
I think it's something to do with their lust for the latest beta-software which
somehow argues with the architechure of my PC.

I have now gone back to a standard installation of Redhat Linux 6.2, and of
course, it lightning fast again.

I don't know exactly what was my problem,or in that manner, your problem, but
did you have the problem before you upgraded to Heliscode?