Re: GDM Problem

Hi,

I've had the same problem when I started with GDM.

I try to recall what I've done to fix the problem (I am not a home until
next weekend):

if you start the computer with runlevel 2 (to console login), login in as
root at issue the command 'init 3', gdm starts and the keyboard can be
used.
During the switch from runlevel 2 to 3 I could see that the system reloads
keyboard and something else. If I have started the computer in runlevel 3
right away, I couldn't use the keyboard at all.

I decided to change to order in which services where started. If I recall
it right, I moved in /etc/rc3.d (or so) the keyboard and the other service
(seen from switching from runlevel 2 to 3) to 80 and 90, so that they got
started as the last two. From then on gdm accepts keyboard inputs.

Regards,
Klaus