Re: Excuse me for contacting you directly.

yes there is, are you running X from the command line or is it starting
when the machine boots?  if it's when the machine boots then you need
to run the command "ln -fs /usr/bin/gdm /etc/X11/prefdm" for gnome,
"ln -fs /usr/bin/kdm /etc/X11/prefdm" for KDE and"ln -fs /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm
/etc/prefdm"
for X11 display manager.

This may not fix your problem, merely divert it to another.  if it is too small
than run Xconfigurator, go through the steps and select a lower resolution.

And what do you mean "Excuse me for contacting you directly."?

Jesse