Re: RH Gnome Sucks ?

"Thomas R. Shannon" <tshanno@orion.it.luc.edu> writes:
> I'm guessing that he meant a version which was distributed
> with Red Hat (i.e. an old one).

Which was of course the newest and best stable version available at
the time (more stable in fact, since it had some integration and
bugfix work), so if that version sucked, then GNOME sucked.

RH 6.0 was the first version of GNOME that was sufficiently stable to
even think about using, due to extremely long hours worked by the
members of RHAD Labs (which didn't include me at the time).

Not to mention that all the other distributions at the time either
didn't ship GNOME, shipped a more-broken version of GNOME, or were Red
Hat based. Which makes you wonder why Red Hat is singled out.

Havoc