Re: s l o w t y p i n g

> And don't forget that there are non-pixmap themes such as ThinIce or
> Xenophobia which look cool without using up too many resources. You're
> not forced to use Default.

Is it a theme problem?   I know from my own experience that it's slow on
pixmap themes, but non gnome apps don't have the typing problem when I
am useign an expensive pixmap.

My machine runs quite well with the pixpams, some are faster than others
of course, but over all speed is very usable except for text editing.
Yet, with huge memory hogs like Netscape, the Gimp and some photos,
Corel Photopaint oprn I can still not out type non gnome apps, but load
a gnome app and it's dog slow to type.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss