Re: s l o w t y p i n g

+++ Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 07:46:11PM -0400 +++
Christopher Mattogno e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> That was it. Thank you very much.
>
> Peace
> 'topher
>

> On 15 Jul 2000, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
>
> > Are you using some sort of Gtk theme?  If so, then use the gnome control
> > center to set the theme back to "Default" and you'll notice that problem
> > go away. My guess is that you are using some sort of intense Gtk theme
> > which will hog resources and slow things down. I tend to stick to the
> > default style (grey buttons/etc) which, while it may not be as "pretty"
> > to look at, is quite a lot faster.
> >
> > Jeff

And don't forget that there are non-pixmap themes such as ThinIce or
Xenophobia which look cool without using up too many resources. You're
not forced to use Default.

mawa
--
LASS MAL STECKEN