no keyboard after suspend

Hi,

After I resume from suspend mode on my laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-F403) Gnome
responds very badly on keystrokes.
Sometimes I can switch between terminals, but mostly not.
Sometimes even Gnome doesn't respond to any mouse clicks.
Mouse movement works.
For the rest I think everything is fine.
I can telnet to the laptop, even clock on the screen keeps running and the
sound receiving mail plays so I think I just loose the events of keystrokes
and mousebutton clicks.
I don't know if this is a Gnome issue but if anyone can help me out here I
would be very gratefull.
Target is to keep Xfree, Sawmill, Gnome and apps running while going to
suspend mode and resume without losing keyboard and mouse respond.

Guust Flater, flaters@tijd.com
Why use Windows since there is a door (André Fachat)