Re: LINGUAS standards?

robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com writes:

> Is there a standard for the environmental variable
> LINGUAS?
>
> I am in the USA and I sometimes have to set it to "en"
> sometimes to "en_US" and sometime I have to unsetenv
> it.
>
> I see there is a a "en_GB" and wonder if I should use
> it.
>
> Why do different packages/programs etc have different
> uses of it? Is there a standard for it's use?

AFAIK LINGUAS is not a standards.  LINGUAS is used by ./configure for
determining what language message catalogs should be built.  If you
are a developer or an installer, it's safe to leave LINGUAS unset.

I guess RedHat forks have misunderstood $LINGUAS.  The recent RedHat
distribution defined $LINGUAS as "en"..

--
Changwoo Ryu