Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 02:50:08PM -0700, Derek Simkowiak wrote:
> into ITS development projects).  Or even more nightmarish: Microsoft
> orders all its 18000 workers to subscribe to the list and vote to use DCOM
> instead of CORBA for inter-process communication.  Reading Nat's section
> on referendums, I can see this as a theoretical (if highly unlikely)
> possibility.

Ah. and I suppose the current Gnome developers will immediately start
coding slavishly on the new features that were voted on?

Trademarking issues are more difficult, as can be seen with the Open
Source trademark. But regardless of what stamps of approval are voted
on, this community can be extremely critical towards anything that has
even the slightest hint of wrongness, with a constant buzz of negative
publicity as the outcome.

Oh, and as far as I know "Gnome" is not a registered trademark, so no
vote is needed.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed