Re: Bug in X/Gnome? (Keyboard/Mouse don't work)

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 06:31:33PM +0100, Antonio Remedios wrote:
< snip snip snip >
> On starting X (using either X, startx or xinit), the whole machine appears
> to lock up, with both the mouse and keyboard tasks frozen.  Not even caps
> lock will work.
< /snip snip snip >

This sounds like a problem with X itself, not GNOME or Enlightenment.
Does X work if you only use twm, or some other Window Manager?  Can you
switch to another VT( doubtful because you say the CAPS lock doesn't work )?

I think we may need more information.. But off what you presented it
sound like X may need to be reinstalled.

--sea