Bug in X/Gnome? (Keyboard/Mouse don't work)

Hello,

I use Gnome and X together with Enlightenment (included with the Definite
Linux 7.0 distribution) on my PC which has a P200 and 128MB of physical RAM.
On starting X (using either X, startx or xinit), the whole machine appears
to lock up, with both the mouse and keyboard tasks frozen.  Not even caps
lock will work.  The swap partition is 96MB, so I don't think that that is
the problem.  Note also that it won't even work when I'm logged in as root.

TIA, Ant :)
ICQ Pager: 46498220@pager.mirabilis.com